Hi there, my name is Auke de Jong! I'm a 29-year-old originally from the Netherlands, but currently living in the Columbus area of Ohio, USA.
As a developer, I work primarily with Laravel, a powerful and flexible PHP framework. I'm passionate about creating high-quality, efficient code that solves complex problems and meets the needs of my clients.
But I'm not just a developer - I'm also a lifelong learner. I'm actively engaged in discovering new things, and I believe that web development is a never-ending maze of new things to learn and explore. I'm always seeking out new challenges and opportunities to expand my skills and knowledge, and I enjoy sharing my passion for learning with others.
In my free time, I enjoy engaging in hobbies and interests that bring me joy and fulfillment. These include technology, gaming, traveling, and photography. I believe that pursuing hobbies and interests is an important way to stay balanced, creative, and happy.
Thanks for getting to know me a little better, and I look forward to connecting with you!
Apr 2022 - Apr 2023
- Improved, rebuild, and streamlined significant API rewrites for the gift and loyalty system.
- Worked using the Kanban method.
- Built new features and upgraded legacy systems to the latest PHP and Laravel versions.
- Maintained the gift and loyalty server infrastructure.
Shopworks eCommerce BV
Jan 2021 - Mar 2022
- Answered technical support tickets with bug fixes and advice.
- Advised customers on technical decisions.
- Built Shopware plugins and middleware using Laravel, Symfony, and Alumio.
- Worked using the SCRUM method with estimations etc. and gave advice about working from a developer point of view.
Jan 2020 - Dec 2020
- Built new features into Laravel-based middleware.
- Supported customers with advice.
- Worked in an environment that used the Kanban method with Poker session estimations, etc.
Full Stack Developer
Mar 2019 - Jan 2020
- Maintained and set up Ubuntu-based server with Nginx and MariaDB.
- Maintained and added new features to the CodeIgniter-based application using PHP, HTML, CSS, and JS.
- Answered technical questions from customers.
- Redesigned and rebuilt the application in Laravel.
- Helped the team transition into a SCRUM working environment.
Full Stack Developer
Bright Alley/Conclusion Learning Centers
Oct 2017 - Feb 2019
- Built new themes and plugins for Moodle and Totara using PHP, CSS, JS, and HTML.
- Answered technical support tickets.
- Created connections between different platforms for customers using Laravel.
- Worked in an environment that used the SCRUM working environment.
Technical Application Consultant
Apr 2016 - Sep 2017
- Technical partner support for the LivePerson LiveEngage platform.
- Helped companies implement the LivePerson LiveEngage platform into their websites.
- Built chat popups using HTML, Photoshop, and CSS.
- Created analytical breakdowns for customers to improve their Live chat engagement. (NPS, etc)
Apr 2015 - Jul 2015
- Coded websites from designs with WordPress CMS using PHP, HTML, CSS, and JS.
- Maintained already released websites by fixing bugs.
- Gave advice to website designers on what is and isn't possible on the web.
- [email protected]